Sunday, April 19, 2009

Clarity

I'm going back to wearing contacts. That was the random thought that popped in my head while I was reading a book in Starbucks earlier. And unlike most of my thoughts, which end up just swirling restlessly or quietly between my ears, this actually was translated into concrete action. After what seems to me was just a short (and token) debate in my head of the merits of doing so, I went and bought myself everything I need to follow through with the plan.

There was something else I discovered because of it. Both my eyes' grades are higher than the results from that last time they were checked. It was a bit staggering for me because I didn't expect it to be THAT higher. And, this came as another surprise, my right eye that used to be clearer, is now of the same grade as my left eye.

I could only think of one word since the doctor made me walk around wearing the correct lenses. Clarity. There's something about it that brings a different kind of high. I'm glad my eyes are now well-equipped to seeing things more clearly. I think the rest would follow. In time.

No comments: