Saturday, January 30, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more food grown on trees and plants; eat less food manufactured IN plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2009 .
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
"Please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism - it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. As proof, let's make an amazing thing happen right now." - Conan O'Brien
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
"I’m sorry if it came out that way but I was never particularly fond of you. So your imagining that I will exert effort to accomodate or help you is rather off the mark. I don’t like you, I never did. I’m sorry, please understand. You’re nice but you’re just not my type of person. I’m old and don’t need too much. You -are a bit too much for my travels. Your nervous, frivolous, vain, self-conscious energry does not fit in the trunk space of my car, sorry. Thank you though.
-I imagined having this conversation so many times since I was a kid. There was this bully I went to school with. As most schoolyard bullies go, she didn’t grow up to be too interesting. (Brat) Now she wants to be my friend (“as adults” she says) and since I am now one (an adult, that is) I said no, she didn’t particularly interest me. I wish all of you the courage to say no when you mean no. Life is too short to have shit people near you." - found on Tumblr
Today I REALLY want to tell “you” what's written above. The only reason I won’t be telling this in your face is because it’ll be utterly pointless. I seriously doubt you could hear, much less listen, to anything outside that thick shroud of creepiness that envelopes you.
I guess my key takeaway in the short time I knew you was that I was able to hone my diplomatic skills. It’s a testament to my devotion to my closest girl friends that I kept my misgivings to myself and tried very, very hard to be polite to you even if gut feel told me otherwise.
No, there is nothing manly about you who speaks ill of your ex(es) and does it like a broken record. The way you ranted on with that appeal to pity look didn’t fool me. I’ve never really figured out how my two friends fell for someone who had no scruples and proceeded to test years of friendship.
Unfortunately for you, they are not as shallow as you might think. I thought the lowest you can stoop to was to make them fall for you and make the other betray a friend. I hated you before I even knew of what you did. Now, I can only hope you disappear from my sphere of consciousness.
I heard and read all the nasty things you said to bash one of them. I saw how you manipulated each one to make them believe you were the victim. You’re such a sorry excuse for a human being.
The only reason I didn’t jump into that mud ring you’re playing at is because it’s not my battle to fight. But it’s extremely irritating to watch you bash women and go on as if you’re the one who’s been played.
But your craziness is amazingly beyond anything I’ve recently encountered. I’m feeling more and more like a bystander caught in your road rage. Thankfully, I’m cushioned by my instincts. I’ve never agreed to your repeated invitations to go out even without my other friends, I refused every offer to drive me home when you and my friend insisted I meet with you, and I resisted every effort to be drawn into your orbit. Things are unraveling now and you’re craziness stands out.
I warn you not to cross the line. I’m almost sure you were the one who sent those text messages at the wee hours of the morning. I’m not as stupid as you think women are. That’s you’re main weakness, you think women to be insipid creatures who’re just experimenting on you. I hate to be the one to teach you a lesson. So be warned, don’t tempt me into jumping in that ring and beating the hell out of you. Jerk!