Saturday, April 4, 2009

Appreciating and Embracing Random Things

I was told last week that Fr. Thomas H. Green, S.J. passed away last March 13. My friend who invited me to Fr. Green's seminar last February mentioned it as we were updating each other.

I felt sad hearing the news. Fr. Green has made such an impact on me. I think he's one of those people who come in at specific moments in our lives. He came into mine at probably in one of those darkest times, where hope is a dying ember and faith is being crushed from all sides.

That day, I immediately made plans to attend more of Fr. Green's seminars. But I didn't realize that it would be the first and last time I'd see him. That experience taught me that however briefly, there will be people who would be walking in at different phases of our lives. They are people who'd come to teach us something.

I think opening up to different experiences and embracing every minute of the unknown give us a chance to have someone touch our lives that would make us grow in different ways. They could leave behind understanding, wisdom, humility, courage, faith, love or whatever it is they would leave us with. The thing that matters most in the end is that we've been touched by them.

No comments: