Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Proudly running

" Me and Running

Don't always see eye to eye

Some days it hurts more than others. But it doesn't mean

I can't do it. I deal with it and I keep running because

NOT EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD FOR YOU ALWAYS FEELS GOOD FOR YOU.

EVERY DAY IS THE DAY"


I immediately fell in love with this wallpaper the moment I saw it. It echoes everything I feel about running, but I couldn't have said it better.

I think that there's a kind of magic in running. The minute I hit the road, I know that it's going to be a different run than the last one I did and that always make the prospect of running more exciting. I know that when I'm out there it's going to be me with the world. Everything unfolds in majestic silence and I'm being part of it.

Most times, I catch myself carrying on about this whole running business as if I'm a good runner. But nothing can be much farther from the truth. I don't even consider myself an average runner. In fact, I suck at this whole running thing. Running is my pain. And I love it.

There's an inexplicable freedom and joy in every stride and in every heartbeat that goes with all my pain. It's always a contest, between my mind and my heart. It's feeling the hurt and conquering all doubts and weakness. It's me against that part of me that wishes me to stop.

I have never won a running race. That's still labeled under someday. For now, I'm happy with my collection of victories. I know that in all those times I've gone outside and ran beyond hurting, I've won against that part of myself that always tells me I can't do it.

Running image is from here.

No comments: