Friday, January 25, 2008

"...last three minutes of torment..."

Ok. I just had to smile when I heard Andre said it. We were both on the ring getting ready for yet another round with the pads. I found the remark funny because, for one, the words penetrated the force field I was in at that precise moment. It's a rare chance that something can actually get through to me when I'm in that zone. Secondly, it was kind of nice to hear someone actually say it.

Andre, like me, just resumed training. But unlike me, he hasn't been gone six months. Six months of sedentary lifestyle can really take its toll. And I've been feeling the effects of inactivity since day one of my "comeback".

It's close to two weeks now since I started training again. I'm still feeling all these aches and pains. And I'm totally convinced that i'm in worse shape than i previously imagined. I know it'll take more time for me to feel remotely closer to the shadow of my former fit self.

The only thing that keeps me going is the certainty that this lousy feeling will pass. I'm visualizing me doing all these crazy stuff sans the agony of barely surviving each round. In the meantime, I'll just have to endure every minute of torment because I know, at the end of each training day, I'll keep coming back.

No comments: