Thursday, April 9, 2009

Work with Ice Cream

I spent most of the day at the office. I really didn't need to be there but I figured I could use some of my idle time working on those items that are neither urgent nor important but have a knack of accumulating.Another reason I opted to go to work was because I learned my lesson from last week's long weekend.

Having no internet connection at home,I ended up spending a substantial amount of money in different coffee shops and in a mall just to get some work done.Wi-fi is such a strange commodity.Free or not,someone often ends up paying for something to access it.

Feeling much wiser now,I figured it's best to get work done where it's supposed to be done - in the office.Precisely why it's called a workplace, it's where all the work is supposed to get done unless you're a traveling salesman, a doctor, or whatever.In my case,it's pointless attempting to work elsewhere unless I get paid to do it.

It turned out I had fun working on stuff-that-were-neither-urgent-nor-important-but-needed-to-be-done.I think it helped that there was no pressure (didn't plan to file for OT) to focus my attention on "bigger" things.I had all the time in the world to pay attention to the small things.There's freedom in doing something that you don't get paid to do.

I also had an opportunity to have a very fun and relaxing lunch with Badette, Ailene, Maiko, and Tom. Badette somehow convinced Tom to buy as ice cream, which we later enjoyed eating with Cheetos at the pantry.

Something I discovered today: Selecta's Hazelnut Brownie ice cream is heavenly.

No comments: