Thursday, April 23, 2009

Endings and Beginnings

According to Mike Murdock's Book, "The Law of Recognition" everything you need is already in your life merely awaiting your recognition of it. Anything unrecognized remains uncelebrated by you. Anything you refuse to celebrate eventually exits in your life. A Gift, A Miracle, or a Person.

This beautiful message came to me via SMS that I believe got passed around so many times already. I kept it in my inbox for as long as I can remember. This resonates to me once again, especially at this time, that another person has flown out of the coop so to speak.

I understand that sometimes we allow people to just slip quietly so as not to disturb the balance. We do it because we're careful not to rock what's long been an unsteady boat. We are sometimes afraid to let even just a shadow of darkness to fall on what we painstakingly paint as a pretty picture, full of light and colors. We do all these at the expense of so many things.

I am a shallow person who still believes in celebrating the smallest and most ordinary things that reflect our humanity. I think of it as little reminders that we live. I find it sad though that sometimes just because we get used to people leaving that we become immune to it. It comes to a point where we don't care anymore. And when they leave, we let them just disappear and forget them.

Someone chose to quietly slip away. I understand why the person chose to do that. Sometimes it takes courage to make a stand, regardless of the risks that taking a stand would entail.

No comments: