Sunday, July 27, 2008

My 6-year old scares me (by Rizzo Tangan)

(I find this hilarious, which is why i just had to post the whole entry. Rizzo's a teammate from my dragon boat days. She juggles amazingly well - family, a full-time career in the advertising industry, triathlon, and more.)

Well...technically she's 6.75 years old. I'm very conscious of the fact because every month, Dylan is requesting a new theme for her 7th birthday party. Spongebob, Disney Princesses, Powerpuff Girls-Z, Art Attack---what's next kaya?

She's a very demanding little girl so I'm paying attention. I guess growing up with 2 kuyas teaches her to be assertive ( akinder term for "bossy" )...which can be good. Hey, it got her the "Most Outspoken" award in pre-school!Speaking of Outspoken...I'm finally going to put all of Dylan's preciously memorable quotes on record here. Then you'll understand why the blog title says what it says.


"I LIKE YOU! I LIKE YOU! I LIKE YOU!"
What she shouted with a half-crazy smile after chasing and pinning down this one boy named Adam in pre-school.

"WHY ARE YOU... BLACK?!!"
What she exclaimed upon seeing Adu, my aunt's African business partner, at the door. She even grabbed his hand and pulled him towards mortified me to "show" me the amazing "BLACK" man. To top it all off, she goes down and lifts his pant leg, and gasps in surprise because of course....his leg is black too.

"FORGET ABOUT THEM...YOU HAVE ME!"
Anton had unwittingly gone to far in his teasing one time, and both Niko and Liam were crying angrily. My husband tried to say sorry to one boy, who merely growled...then he turned to apologize to Niko beside me...who also grumbled in reply. Dylan out of the blue, turns Daddy's face to her, puts her arms around his neck and says the ultimate "sipsip" line in all-caps above. We could hardly contain our laughter.

"AAAH! SHE HAS A BEEEEARD!" and "EW. LOOKS LIKE A NIPPLE."
The first quote is the first thing she says after I introduce her to the company's HR manager. The second was said to my officemate during the summer outing, upon seeing the penny-sized keloid in the middle of his hairy chest."

I'M WATCHING YOU!"
I realized during dinner that it had been a month since Anton had promised to buy Liam lovebirds. The next day, Dylan casually asked him, "Are you buying Liam a pet?" Anton says "yes" distractedly. Then Dyl says, "When?" in a tone that could have had her tapping her feet expectantly. Dispassionately, Anton says "tomorrow"---then is totally floored when Dylan makes her exit, with a threatening two-finger gesture from her eyes to Anton's face saying "I'm watching you".

"CAN YOU PUT A LOT OF CHAIRS?"
Dyl: Can you make me a CD of my favorite songs Mom?
Mom: Yes of course!
Dyl: Okay cause I want to practice.
Mom: Oh...okay.
Dyl: Can you put a lot of chairs in the house after you make the CD?
Mom: Uh...why?
Dyl: So a lot of people can watch me dance.

"TANGANS ARE NOT LOSERS!"
Anton had been playing Luxor on the PC with Dyl playing behind him. After losing the stage for the nth time, he mutters, "Ak! I'm a loser". Dylan expresses shock and goes..."Hey!" Then earnestly says to her Daddy: "Don't say that! Tangans are NOT losers!"

6 years old pa lang yan ha? Anu pa kaya pag teenager? Inaaaayyyyy....ako.



1 comment:

Saya said...

I need to thank the Spirit who led me back here in your blog to start reading your entries again, and I have to say that you, Jerz, are an awesome writer. I feel you in every line. I just hope that you continue to write more, and more on the positive side of life after you pick yourself up and dust yourself off from the freefall. Not that I want you to deny what is painfully real, but I was hoping you'd start seeing the glimmer behind the pain once more and the good in people, because the Lord intends it that way. :) God bless on your endeavours, Jercyl! I'll truly miss you. ;)