Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A time to flow

Lately I have found myself spending more time thinking than doing. Not that I do not enjoy thinking. In fact, I thrive on it. It seems to be the only thing that I can be good at. It does not take much skill or effort to do it anyway, which is why I find it infinitely relaxing.

It is just that sometimes, I find myself stuck. I find myself settling in whatever plane I have stumbled into. Exploring gazillion thoughts that fleet like butterflies is an interesting pursuit. But I do not live in my mind. I live in the here and now hence the effort to let go of the comfort that thinking brings and pull myself together to jump back on solid ground.

See, my thoughts are real to me. They mean something to me and I would like to think (see, that word again) that they could mean to others as well. Once in a while, I need to leave that place where I am alone with my thoughts because I feel the need to translate them to something real. I need to do something. My thoughts are a part of me and to celebrate my life while I am here means I need to do something to make these thoughts matter.

There is a time for thinking and a time for doing. I am constantly in a struggle to balance those two. But that is how most things in life go. It matters not if I succeed or fail in unfailingly balancing everything. Ultimately, what matters most is I keep trying.

No comments: