Friday, December 25, 2009

Where 24/7 videoke sessions would be fine

At last, my aunt’s family has a neighbor. Almost two years after moving into their place and the village has maintained its quiet, in the middle-of-nowhere feel that I love. Fresh air, cool breeze, a very nice view of Mt. Apo, several species of birds flying around or resting on their fence and/on quiet empty streets, and so many ordinary things that never fail to give simple joys and pleasures.

This year’s Christmas family get together was as fun as ever. We used to celebrate family Christmas gatherings at home. But this year, we gathered at what I secretly think of as the “retreat house”. Staying there always makes me feel like I’m in a retreat place minus the rules. Videoke all night and in full volume is twice more fun when there’s no need to worry about disturbing the neighbors.

No comments: