Thursday, December 10, 2009

Choosing A Dreamless State

Last night, I woke up when I felt your hand held mine. I was stunned to see you beside me because you already built a vast wall that I could not breach. It really has been too long, long enough for me to try ask you all the questions I meant to ask.

How have you been? Why did you suddenly ignore me completely after that level of friendship we have struck? What did I do to lose a friend I hoped to keep? What was I to you? Questions, I have so many of them because you left me with nothing but questions when you changed so suddenly.

But seeing you again was like finding a blank notebook where I can write stories again. It was like being handed out the chance to start a new chapter that may turn out differently from the last.

Your presence made me feel a deep sense of peace. It was like everything was right with the world again. It felt like I literally pieced myself to that puzzle that made me understand what complete means.

You see, it was real for me. Everything I felt for you was as real as I never imagined it to be. And I guess that was why I chose to love you deep in my heart and let you go. For you chose not to see me that way.

It was a love that was all about choices. Burying that love was the kindest thing I could do for myself. But it did not mean I loved you less.

I felt at peace with the world again when I opened my eyes and saw you holding my hand like that last night. I had you for what seemed like hours and we were happy.

But then, at some point, I slowly realized I woke up in a dream. And that was when I chose to wake up from something that made me want to live within a dream again.

No comments: