Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Two Things

Web surfing today reminded me of two things:

1. Invoking "creative sabbatical" becomes less scary when viewed from a different perspective.

There have been times in the past that I chose to step back and do nothing. What I choose to be right now is not exactly new. But sometimes I do tend to doubt the soundness of what I am [not] doing. This happens when I start thinking how this "idleness" is tantamount to wasting away. Pressures from expectations and well-meaning intentions are like fertilizers to slow-growing plants. They bring focus to things that I otherwise ignore.

Today is a good day to remind myself that other people's expectations and wishes are their own. My business is to milk this time of solitude and mindless pursuits for all its worth. The past taught me that it is not always going to be like this. I am not wired for slumberous existence no matter how I may sometimes wish it to be so. It is just that there are moments when my soul craves the solitude and clarity that "retreat and recharge" gives me. Thankfully that is what my batcave is for.

2. It is good to remember things we forget.

This is true especially since I seem to be forgetting a lot lately, like #1 and more of the simple things that always used to make me happy.


(Photo from things we forget)

No comments: