Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Unexpected

I got an email from Mr. Ramos today. He forwarded the memo from the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) listing all participants for the International Olympic Committee-Olympic Solidarity Advanced Sports Management Course. To say it was a surprise is an understatement. The course was supposed to start last April 18 and since I did not receive any feedback before that, I assumed I was not picked.

Apart from myself who will be representing the Amateur Rowing Association of the Philippines (ARAP), other national sports associations who have representatives are Archery, Basketball, Bodybuilding, Board Sailing, Canoe-Kayak, Chess, Dance Sport, Dragon Boat, Football, Karatedo, Lawn Bowls, Muay Thai, Pencak Silat, Sailing, Sepak Takraw, Soft Tennis, Swimming, Triathlon and three from POC.

This is an unexpected but extremely pleasant news. It does complicate my situation more as the course is for sixteen Saturdays and I have just recently made the decision to go for that major leap, which might bring me back home in two or three months.

I guess it would be pointless to worry over that at this point. I might as well learn everything I could in the time fate gives me to be part of this. I am grateful in the opportunity alone. The rest would just be icing on the cake. Thank you universe!

No comments: