Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Inspiring John Hancock ad

I've been keeping the magazine where I found this ad for years. Last week, I finally let go of my attachment to the magazine, specifically to that ad page. I managed to tear the page off so I can include it in my collage of dreams homework.

The homework was just one of the many activities that Jim Paredes asked us to do for his "Tapping the Creative Universe" training. It was a good exercise on so many things, some of which are on letting go and doing something just for the joy of it. Not thought, no conception.

The ad was fairly simple, but it was the message that went with it that really resonated to me. I'm posting it here as a keepsake of something that strongly inspires me.

I am not an Olympian
because I am strong.
I am not an Olympian
because I am fast.
I am an Olympian
because I know that others
are faster. And stronger.
I am an Olympian
because I am not afraid to try.
I am an Olympian
because I am proud of what
I can accomplish.
Even if
someone can accomplish more.
I am an Olympian
because I strive to do
better every day.

I am an Olympian
because I know, at heart,
we are all Olympians.

No comments: