Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tired is Relative

The past two and a half days have been more frenetic and crazy than the usual craziness of my simple and ordinary life. There is barely enough time to do much else except breathe, breathe, and breathe because to even consider that I am tired is unthinkable.

Most times, I do not get tired in that gosh-I-can’t-do-this-anymore kind of way. I think I am one of those people who will always take that extra step in that exact moment when shut-down is imminent. This is one blessing I am truly thankful for. It comes handy and a wonderful ally in the unexpected twists and turns.

However, strange and stranger things that happened in the past weeks made me think about this never-get-tired-I’ll-scale-the-Grand-Canyons-if-I-have-to attitude. The physical and mental states are the easiest to manage while the emotion is proving to be the weakest link. I am not sure exactly why I even thought about that. Perhaps it has something to do with that brief moment of pensiveness yesterday that I thought about how emotions are sucking out my energy level in far more alarming ways than all my other activities combined.

I think the best way forward is to assess which emotions are worth all the energy and effort and which ones deserve to be left behind. There are just so many things to do in so little time. Crippling emotions are excess baggage. Lugging them along would just cost precious time that is better spent exploring the beautiful and enriching things life has to offer.

1 comment:

Lizeth said...

huy! hinay-hinay! ingat ka lagi! *hugs*