Thursday, December 17, 2009

Congratulations Team Philippines!!!

I'll never get tired of saying this, I'm so proud of our athletes! There were not that many live coverage or regular updates in the local news about the 25th SEA Games in Laos but I could almost imagine the best efforts and sheer willpower of our athletes to win in their respective events.

If there's one thing I miss most in being an athlete it is that moment when months or years of training come down to that few minutes of a race or competition. Apart from that, I also miss the opportunities to cheer for other teams as soon as our team's done competing. Sports always have a way of uniting people. I marvel at the irony that sports is highly competitive and yet it usually fosters camaraderie and goodwill.

This SEA Games, our athletes have once again made Filipinos proud! And I wish to congratulate everyone most especially the following:

Wushu Team
Sanshou:
Mark Eddiva - 65Kg Men (GOLD)
Mariane Mariano - 60Kg Women (GOLD)
Benjie Rivera - 56Kg Men (SILVER)
Mary Jane Estimar - 52Kg Women (SILVER)
Rhea Mae Rifani - 48Kg Women (BRONZE)
Jessie Aligaga - 48Kg Men (BRONZE)
Denver Labador - 60Kg Men (BRONZE)

Taolu:
Daniel Parantac - Taijijian - Men (Bronze)

Athletics
Marestella Torres - Long Jump (GOLD)
Rosie Villarito - Javelin Throw(GOLD)

Over the years, I've seen these athletes train and excel in their respective sports. I can't think of a more deserving group of people than these guys. Go Team Philippines!!!

No comments: